In addition to being highly skilled in Personal Protection, a Black Belt is a Positive person with a Warrior Spirit - Focused, Disciplined, Respectful, Courageous, and a Leader of others (Seven Character Traits of a Black Belt).
1. Positive. I use no negative words. I have a hopeful outlook on life. All that I do I do with world class excellence.
2. Warrior Spirit. I have stopped feeling sorry for myself. I never quit! I engage to stop, but fight to win!
3. Focus. I know what is important. I keep my eye on the prize.
4. Discipline. I make right choices. Every day, no matter what, I rule myself.
5. Respect. I put others before myself. I say “Yes, sir” and “Yes, ma’am”. The salute is my symbol.
6. Courage. I have mastered my fear. I boldly face the challenges of life - INTO THE STORM!
7. Leadership. I see what should be. I influence others from here to there. I take responsibility for the success of others.